Camino de Santiago
In the Footsteps of St. James
In Pamplona, attend an introductory lecture on the Camino de Santiago and tour the Old Quarter before driving to Roncesvalles to receive your credencial (pilgrim passport) and take your first walk. Spend two nights in medieval Laguardia, capital of the Rioja Alavesa wine region. Visit the lively university city of Logroño to admire a Michelangelo painting inside the cathedral, and in Burgos, discover the sumptuous cathedral — a UNESCO World Heritage site — and hear Gregorian chant performed by the monksof Santo Domingo de Silos. In León, see Gaudí’s neo-Gothic Casa de Botnes and the avant-garde Museo de Arte Contemporáneo. Conclude in Santiago de Compostela, to witness the famous incense burning ritual at the cathedral and see the sun set at Cape Finisterre, once thought to be “the end of the earth.”
- Enjoy two nights in Laguardia, capital of the Rioja Alavesa wine region, highlighted by samplings of local vintages.
- View Michelangelo's painting inside the Cathedral of Santa María de la Redonda in Logroño.
- Spend two nights in Burgos, view the sumptuous cathedral and hear a Gregorian chant performed by the monks of Santo Domingo de Silos.
Schedule by Day
- Sept 15: Depart the U.S. for Pamplona
- Sept 16: Pamplona, Spain
- Sept 17: Pamplona
- Sept 18: Pamplona / LaGuardia
- Sept 19: Laguardia
- Sept 20: LaGuardia / Burgos
- Sept 21: Burgos
- Sept 22: Burgos / León
- Sept 23: León
- Sept 24: León / Villafranca del Bierzo
- Sept 25: Villafranca del Bierzo / Santiago de Compostela
- Sept 26: Santiago de Compostela
- Sept 27: Santiago de Compostela / Depart on return flights to U.S.
Pricing listed per person
- $7,995 DOUBLE / $9,140 SINGLE
- 2 nights at Grand Hotel La Perla in Pamplona
- 2 nights at Hotel Villa De Laguardia Secrotel in Laguardia
- 2 nights at Hotel NH Palacio de la Merced in Burgos
- 2 nights at Hotel Parador de León San Marco in León
- 1 night at Parador Villafranca del Bierzo in Villafranca del Bierzo
- 2 nights at Hostal de los Reyes Católicos in Santiago de Compostela
Sosland Family Professor of Romance Languages and Literatures
For More Information
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 800-422-1636 or 617-496-0806.