Arctic Explorer: Northern Lights, Northern Culture
Aboard the Golden Eagle Private Train
Begin in lovely St. Petersburg,where the northern capital takes on a warm patina in the slanted winter sunlight, its fashionable boulevards and serene canals softened by a fresh snowfall. Search for the elusive Northern Lights in the skies above Murmansk, Petrozavodsk, and Kirkenes, Norway. Admire the graceful UNESCO-listed churches in Suzdal and Vladimir and end in magnificent Moscow.
- Attend an evening ballet performance at one of St. Petersburg’s world-renowned theaters.
- Visit the Fortress of Peter the Great and Paul, one of the first structures in St. Petersburg.
- Take a bus tour in search of the Northern Lights in the region of Aurora Borealis Zone.
- Embark on a dogsled ride behind a team of eight dogs on frozen lakes in Kirkenes.
- Board the world’s first nuclear-powered ice-breaker, the Lenin, now a museum ship.
Schedule by day
- Dec 28: Depart U.S. for St. Petersburg
- Dec 29: Arrive in St. Petersburg
- Dec 30: St. Petersburg
- Dec 31: St. Petersburg / board the Golden Eagle private train
- Jan 1: Cross the Arctic Circle
- Jan 2: Kirkenes, Norway
- Jan 3: Kirkenes, Norway
- Jan 4: On the train
- Jan 5: Murmansk
- Jan 6: Petrozavodsk
- Jan 7: Vladimir / Suzdal
- Jan 8: Moscow
- Jan 9: Depart Moscow / Return to U.S.
Pricing based on double occupancy per person
- Silver Class Cabin: $12,995
- Gold Class Cabin: $14,995
- Imperial Class Cabin: $22,995
- Single Supplement Silver Class: $4,500
- Single Supplement Gold Class: $5,500
- 2 nights at Hotel Astoria in St. Petersburg, Russia
- 6 nights aboard the Golden Eagle Private Train
- 1 night at Thon Hotel in Kirkenes, Norway
- 1 night at the Ararat Park Hotel in Moscow, Russia
Samuel Hazzard Cross Professor of Slavic Languages and Literatures and of Comparative Literature; Director of the Humanities Program
For More Information
Please email email@example.com or call our office at 800-422-1636 or 617-496-0806.