Expedition to Antarctica
aboard Le Soléal
Join us for this spectacular 14-day journey featuring a nine-night, exclusively chartered cruise to Antarctica, Earth’s last frontier. Cruise aboard the intimate M.S. Le Soléal, one of the finest vessels in Antarctic waters. Experience the natural beauty of the White Continent —fantastically shaped icebergs, turquoise glaciers, bustling penguin rookeries and breaching whales. Accompanied by the ship’s expert team of naturalists, board Zodiac watercraft for excursions ashore to observe Antarctica’s abundant wildlife. Spend two nights in Buenos Aires, including a tour of Argentina’s vibrant capital city.
- Shore excursions to explore Antarctica’s diverse wildlife habitats, including major penguin rookeries.
- Onboard expedition team of naturalists who will provide a series of lectures about local wildlife and landscapes.
- City tour of Buenos Aires featuring the popular neighborhoods of Palermo, Monserrat, La Boca, Puerto Madero and San Telmo, and a visit to the historic Recoleta Cemetery.
Schedule by Day
- Jan 11: Depart the U.S.
- Jan 12: Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Jan 13: Buenos Aires
- Jan 14: Buenos Aires/Fly to Ushuaia/Embark Le Soléal
- Jan 15: Cruising the Drake Passage
- Jan 16: Neumayer Channel/Port Lockroy
- Jan 17: Wiencke Island/Lemaire Channel/Booth Island
- Jan 18: Peterman Island/Paradise Bay
- Jan 19: Neko Harbor/South Sheltland Islands
- Jan 20: Deception Island/Half Moon Island
- Jan 21: Cruising Weddell Sea
- Jan 22: Cruising the Drake Passage
- Jan 23: Ushuaia, Argentina/Disembark ship/Fly to Buenos Aires/Depart
- Jan 24: Arrive in the U.S.
*2017 trip pricing per person double occupancy is listed below for reference. 2018 pricing will be available in early 2017.
- Category 8: $11,745
- Category 7: $12,745
- Category 6: $14,045
- Category 5: $14,545
- Category 4: $15,545
- Category 3: $15,745
- Category 2: $15,845
- Category 1: $16,245
- Deluxe Suite: $16,545
- Prestige Suite II: $16,845
- Prestige Suite I: $17,545
- Owner’s Suite: $18,845
- Category 6: $23,345
- Category 4: $27,345
- Two nights at the Plaza Hotel Buenos Aires
- Nine nights aboard Le Soléal
Optional Iguazú Fall Post Program
Vasco McCoy Family Professor of Atmospheric Chemistry and Environmental Engineering
Daniel Jacob will give talks on the following topics: The cleanest air on Earth; The ozone hole: Success of global action; and Antarctica and climate change.
Mode of Travel
The highly acclaimed Le Soleal, represents the newest generation of Five-Star small ship, featuring 110 Suites and Staterooms with distinctive French sophistication.
For More Information
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 800-422-1636 or 617-496-0806.