Amazon River Expedition
- Explore boundless natural diversity—from delicate orchids to transparent glass frogs and pink river dolphins, from the treetops of the lush rainforest to the depths of black-water tributaries.
- Enjoy an excursion into the Pacaya-Samiria National Reserve to encounter pink river dolphins.
- Search for noctural rainforest animals, such as caiman, bats, and capybara during a nighttime excursion.
- Visit local villages to gain insight into the traditional way of life of the ribereños (river people).
Schedule by Day
- Mar 10: Depart the U.S. / Arrive Lima, Peru
- Mar 11: Lima
- Mar 12: Lima/Fly to Iquitos / Embark Zafiro
- Mar 13: Cruise the Amazon River / Ucayali River
- Mar 14: Amazon River / Ucayali River / Marañón River
- Mar 15: Marañón River / Pucate River / Ucayali River
- Mar 16: Marañón River / Nauta
- Mar 17: Nauta / Disembark Zafiro / Iquitos/ Fly to Lima / Depart for the U.S.
- Mar 18: Arrive in the U.S.
To be determined.
- 2 nights at Casa Andina Private Collection Hotel in Lima
- 1 night at El Dorado Plaza Hotel in Iquitos
- 5 nights aboard Zafiro
- A Day-room at Wyndham Costa Del Sol Hotel
Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley Post-Tour
Dean of Continuing Education and University Extension, Senior Lecturer on English
Michael Shinagel will lecture on the following topics: Harvard Ethnobotanists and the Amazon; Scientific Explorations of the Amazon River, and The Amazon River: Facts and Fictions.
Mode of Travel
The deluxe Zafiro, launching in 2015, will be the newest small expedition river vessel specifically designed to navigate the unique waters of the Upper Amazon River and its tributaries.
For More Information
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 800-422-1636 or 617-496-0806.